KPhA represents the pharmacy profession in the legislative arena on the local, state and national level. We alert members to critical changes and pending legislation so members can proactively influence positive change and protect their profession. KPhA is committed to creating and supporting initiatives that help to advance pharmacy practice.
- KPhA's Political Action Committee is instrumental in advocacy efforts and supports candidates that support pharmacy
- KPhA works closely with the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy, the KU School of Pharmacy and other stakeholders on issues of importance to you
- KPhA holds a Legislative Day annually at the Kansas Statehouse in February to acquaint association members with the legislative process, their House and Senate elected leaders and government officials to discuss important pharmacy issues
- KPhA holds weekly conference calls with its members and professional lobbyist to keep them up-to-date on legislation during the session
KPhA has helped pass...
KPhA Lobbying Firm: Hein Governmental Consulting, LLC
- Successful Enactment of Audit Restrictions on Pharmacy Benefit Managers
- Successful Building of the new KU School of Pharmacy Building
- Successful Creation of Pharmacists as Immunizers
- Successful Passage to Allow Pharmacists to Collaborate with Physicians
- Successful Involvement in State Level Committees providing representation on key issues facing pharmacists, including, but not limited to: Kansas Board of Pharmacy, the KanCare Providers Work group, the Pharmacy Technician Certification Task Force, the Medicaid Drug Utilization Review (DUR) committee and Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
- Established KPhA as the primary representative of pharmacy issues with key legislators and other state decision-makers
- Involved in KanCare MCO contract development
- Provided technical support and advice to the Legislative Post Audit review of the State Employee Health Plan PBM
- Successful in passing SB 103 in 2016 for MAC Transparency regulations
- On a national front, KPhA has helped with getting all 6 Kansas representatives to co-sponsor SB 109 & HB 592 for National Provider Status in 2017
Hein Governmental Consulting, LLC. (HGC), performs governmental affairs consulting services, providing full service legislative monitoring, lobbying, and political consulting services. The firm represents clients who expect integrity, dedication, accuracy, integrity and a high level of competence. Ron and Julie Hein have, between them, almost 75 years experience around the Capitol. HGC has numerous health care clients, and thus stays active and engaged with all health-related issues. HGC employs 3 full time lobbyists, a full time administrative person, and 2 full time staff members during the legislative session to assist with monitoring of legislative committees.
Julie Hein Ron Hein