- Support KPhA in its mission to the promote and advance quality and rational public health, with particular reference to assuring optimal pharmacotherapy for the citizens of Kansas (KPhA Bylaws, Article III Section 2).
- Represent the interest of pharmacists practicing in Managed Care Pharmacy on the KPhA Board of Directors.
A. To advance public health by promoting the professional interests of pharmacy technicians by:
- Supporting pharmacy technicians in the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- Fostering pharmaceutical services aimed at appropriate drug-use control and rational drug therapy.
- Improving communication among pharmacy technicians, other members of the health-care industry and the public.
- Advocating for public policies, statutes and regulations which foster rational and safe use of medication, access and pharmaceutical care.
- Disseminating information about pharmaceutical services and rational and safe use of medication.
B. To promote the special interests of pharmacy technicians through the establishment of programs, professional policies and priorities related to pharmacy practice within the pharmacy technician academy by:
- Developing professional standards for pharmaceutical services.
- Fostering an adequate supply of well-trained, competent pharmacy technicians and associated personnel.
- Promoting the economic welfare of pharmacy technicians and associated personnel.
C. To advise and make recommendations to the KPhA Board of Directors on behalf of academy membership.
Exam Certification Resources
Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board