KPhA Membership Categories
Below is a complete list of membership categories that KPhA offers. If you have questions about which membership category is best for you, please contact Kelly Rockers, KPhA Membership Services Coordinator by phone at 785.228.2327 or by email at email@example.com.
- Pharmacist ($289/year) - Licensed Pharmacist who is in good standing with their state board of pharmacy. Licensed Pharmacist Members shall have the right to vote.
There are multiple pharmacist membership level categories when joining KPhA. Most of them are based on your years of experience as a practicing pharmacist, except for the Joint Pharmacist level. The categories are listed below:
- Joint Pharmacist ($449/year) - This is for married couples who are both licensed pharmacists.
- Retired Pharmacist ($70/year) - Pharmacist who is no longer actively practicing pharmacy, but wishes to stay involved with KPhA.
- Graduate (Free/year) - Pharmacist who graduates from pharmacy school in the current year of membership.
- Graduate I ($89/year) - Pharmacist who graduated the year prior to the current year of membership.
- Graduate II ($189/year) - Pharmacist who graduated two years prior to the current year of membership.
- Faculty Professional ($25/year) - Full-time School of Pharmacy Faculty Personnel. Must be willing to present at a KPhA Education Program at NO CHARGE at least once a year (Schedule Permitting).
- Resident ($10/year) - Must be currently practicing in a residency program.
- Student Pharmacist/Intern ($10/year) - Currently enrolled as a student at a school of pharmacy.Students do not have the right to vote.
- Technician ($25/year) - Registered pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy. Technicians do not have the right to vote.
- Associate ($289/year) - Individuals who work in a pharmacy practice environment and are interested in advancing the profession, but are not pharmacists, residents, students or technicians and do not qualify as professional or corporate members due to their employer (i.e: school of pharmacy faculty members, board of pharmacy employees, pharmacy owners/managers, etc.) Associate members receive the same member benefits as a Pharmacist member, but do not have the right to vote.
- Bundled Membership ($399/year) - Includes TWO pharmacists and ALL technicians in ONE location.
Chain and regional Membership ($350/year/store) - Must have 10 or more locations in Kansas and all locations must participate (out of state locations are optional) includes ALL pharmacists and all technicians per location
- Professional ($400/year) - Dedicated to one member representative. Classified as businesses/companies who support, advance and help KPhA members and the Kansas pharmacy profession as a whole by providing valuable resources (i.e. wholesalers, buying groups, suppliers, pharmaceutical companies, service providers, etc.). Practicing pharmacists can join at this level if they wish to represent an employer versus themselves. The pharmacist shall have the right to vote in this category. All other individuals in this category do not have the right to vote.
- Corporate (Multiple levels) - Same as a Professional Member with more association benefits, such as additional member representatives with KPhA and more company exposure and engagement with KPhA members. Practicing pharmacists can join at this level if they wish to represent an employer versus themselves. Pharmacist(s) shall have the right to vote in this category. All other individuals in this category do not have the right to vote.