Kansas Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (KSHP)
KSHP Academy Director: Ashley Crowl, PharmD, BCACP
Academy Charter Information
Kansas Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (KSHP) Academy
- Support KPhA in its mission to the promote and advance quality and rational public health, with particular reference to assuring optimal pharmacotherapy for the citizens of Kansas (KPhA Bylaws, Article III Section 2).
- Represent the interest of pharmacists practicing in Health-Systems Pharmacy on the KPhA Board of Directors.
A. To advance public health by promoting the professional interests of pharmacists practicing in Health Systems Pharmacy practice area by:
- Supporting pharmacists in the delivery of pharmaceutical care
- Fostering pharmaceutical services aimed at appropriate drug-use control and rational drug therapy
- Improving communication among pharmacists, pharmacy students, other members of the health-care industry and the public
- Promoting research in the area of patient’s outcomes, adherence, and pharmacoeconomics
- Advocating for public policies, statutes and regulations which foster rational and safe use of medication, access and pharmaceutical care
- Disseminating information about pharmaceutical services and rational and safe use of medication
B. To promote the special interests of pharmacists through the establishment of programs, professional policies and priorities related to pharmacy practice within the KSHP academy by:
- Developing professional standards for pharmaceutical services
- Fostering an adequate supply of well-trained, competent pharmacists and associated personnel
- Promoting the economic welfare of pharmacists and associated personnel
- Developing and conducting programs for maintaining and improving the competence of pharmacists and associated personnel
C. To advise and make recommendations to the KPhA Board of Directors on behalf of academy membership.