This page is provided as a member benefit for KPhA members. While there is no cost for a member to advertise a job opening, a fee of $150/month is assessed for non-members. KPhA will post a brief description of the job opening with more details available by link - it is up to those advertising to provide the information. Contact Leonard or call the KPhA office at 785.228.2327 for more details.
Home Infusion Pharmacist/Operating Manager in Wichita or Topeka Area
Posted June 10, 2020
We are in search of a Pharmacist/Operating Manager to oversee all departments within a new home infusion pharmacy. The required oversite includes clinical pharmacy operations, nursing (as needed), administrative/clerical, and sales in compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Operating Partner, the Pharmacist/Operating Manager will oversee and evaluate the financial status, performance improvement, sales, and clinical implementation of therapies. Clinical and infusion therapy/sterile compounding experience is a benefit but not required.
- Will provide clinical pharmacy services to consumers through the appropriate evaluation of physician orders, compounding of sterile preparations, and safe and efficient dispensing of medications, supplies, and administrative equipment.
- Will supervise the activities of pharmacy support personnel, as well as quality control and performance improvement procedures.
- Will oversee sales to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to organizational policies and procedures.
- Will report activities to Operating Partner.
- Required: Entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to establishing a home infusion pharmacy that will service Wichita and Topeka
- Required: Kansas licensed pharmacist
- Required: Good interactive skills with employees, referral sources, physicians, and consumers
- Preferred: Clinical pharmacy experience
- Preferred: Experience with management of pharmacy support personnel
- Preferred: Business and financial understanding of operating a profitable business
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, you may also call Ross Vogel at (816) 686-6600 for further information.
Staff/Clinical Pharmacist at Kex RxPosted May 22, 2020
Looking for a Full-time Staff/Clinical Pharmacist to join our Retail Pharmacy team. We are seeking a highly efficient, forward thinking Pharmacist that thrives in a fast-paced healthcare environment. A successful candidate will split their time working as a Staff Pharmacist and providing clinical services in 2 locations.
- Candidates will be responsible for ensuring proper review, verification and dispensing of all prescribed medications while in compliance with all company policies, all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Must provide excellent customer service, develop a strong relationship with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offer services. Accountable for counseling patients and answer questions regarding usage of medications, dosages, side-effects, interactions, OTC products etc.
- Responsible for managing all clinical pharmacy programs including, but not limited to, Medication Synchronization, Vaccination, Therapeutic Optimization, Nutrient Depletion, Administration of Long-Acting Anti-psychotics, Compounding, Adherence Packaging and Medication Therapy Management.
- Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy.
- Be a part of new initiatives, comfortable with medication reconciliation and teach health and wellness classes.
- Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy financials, inventory management, and implementation of procedures.
- Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance by coaching, provide constructive feedback, monitor customer service, and fostering employee development.
- Supervise the work completed by Pharmacy staff while on duty, reporting any major issues to the PIC. Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, monitors and recognizes progress.
- A successful candidate will be able to work independently, as well as part of a tight-knit team. Time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and teams are also beneficial.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree
- Active Kansas Pharmacy license
- Immunization certificate
- Retail Pharmacy experience preferred
- Medication Therapy Management experience preferred
Full-time, salary position. Hours are M-F 8:00-6:00, Pharmacist will work 4 10-hour shifts and rotating Saturday’s 9-1. Full Benefits package offered.
Resumes may be sent to Kex Rx Pharmacy 807 Main St Atchison, KS 66002 or email@example.com.